Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reagan's First Birthday

Reagan's birthday is December 24th - Christmas Eve. I have a long list of do's and don'ts for her birthday celebrations that many wise December birthday people have shared with me. But since she is only one, I may or may not have broken a few of those rules. Her wrapping paper was red... but it was red and white polka dots - no Santa's or snowmen though! We did celebrate on her birthday, but all the Christmas Decorations were still up. I really am considering the half birthday thing. This really is the craziest time of year for our family - 3 birthdays within a month of each other AND Christmas!


But I did make a little effort to decorate some (the streamers didn't get put up, or the balloons hung because Reagan thinks she needs to be held all day, and I think I heard her humming the song "It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to." Yep, pretty sure).


This is a birthday balloon wreath that I copied from How Does She. it was very easy and I love how it turned out! So festive. And doesn't it make you want to party? We'll have it out a lot lately because Ellie's birthday was January 2nd, and Mike's (30th - yikes!!) birthday is January 31st.I also made a birthday banner of her photos - one for each month of her life. It is so much fun to see how she has grown and changes each month.She loved her chocolate cake, but not as much as Ellie did on her first birthdayI didn't even get many photos because I was videotaping the whole thing. She actually blew out her candle! Trust me when I say, it was the cutest thing ever.We celebrated in CA on her actual birthday, then had a party in NV after Christmas. By this time she was pretty much a professional unwrapper - with Ellie of course as her sidekick. Tackling her new toy - that's my girl.

This popper was a huge hit! Ellie loves to blow it in her hair, and Reagan loves it in her face. It is really loud. I need to put a sticker (or maybe a few) over the speaker in order to hear anybody speaking in the same room.

Reagan's new "R" glitter shirt. Thanks Jessie, as you can tell, she absolutely loves it!!
I really was thinking a lot about when she was born. My little Christmas present.
We went to a live Nativity before Christmas and it was neat to be able to relate more with Mary - especially since I had Reagan naturally (not on purpose mind you). Granted, I wasn't giving birth on some hay in a stable with livestock surrounding me, but still, it was a neat experience to have more in common with the mother of Jesus.
Reagan we are so thankful to have you as our baby!
Happy Birthday my big one year old!

2 comments:

Anonymous

wonderful update Marian! it was fun to be part of Ray Ray's first bday, since I missed the actual birth. she really is a fun girl and I loved interacting with her.
Love,
Grandma Connie

Unknown

Absolutely adorable. Love your time line. Jealous you have the silouette! Loved those cake pics of both girls. And the guess who game was so cute too. Wish we lived closer to chill at night making stuff together.