Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Roos N More

Kind of like an interactive zoo! In Moapa, NV (between Vegas and Mesquite). We went with Mike's Family (minus Mike - we just got back from a week in CA the night before so he had to work).
Ellie wasn't very scared of many animals. I told her to pet them just as she would a cat or dog, so for the most part, she did! Sometimes I was more scared than she was!Here is a coatimundi that was very friendly. Reagan didn't mind the monkey crawling on her head, grooming her. I was surprised that she wasn't more interested in the animals. Mostly she just wanted to get down and walk around.We got to hold a baby wallaby right when we came in. They kept it in a baby sling to resemble the pouch. It snuggled right up to me and just made himself quite comfortable putting his wet nose on my chest and nestled right in. I was still breast feeding Reagan at the time, I wonder if he could smell it...No, Mike didn't end up surprising us there, this is his brother Ridge. Thanks for keeping Ellie contained for a few. (Side note: when Mike just saw this photo he thought it was himself! Too funny).Here is a mama porcupine. She had little pups in her den (that she dug herself and was 40 feet long!). She was born at the zoo and the worker assured me that she was very friendly... even after Reagan kicked her.Ellie wasn't too sure about the porcupine.

The zoo keepers said the kangaroos weren't being very friendly that day, so that is as close as I wanted Ellie to those kangaroos. Normally you could pet them too!You should all go! I highly recommend it! Thanks Kanets for taking us there!Oh, here's the cutest animal there!
She actually LOVED being in this cage and played in there for 10-15 minutes and fought me when it was time to get out. We will definitely be getting a cage for her asap!
Hey - just trying to make her happy!

1 comments:

Unknown

I so want to go there now! A monkey!!!!! The girls would die to see that monkey.