Wednesday, January 26, 2011

California Christmas



Reagan testing out Grant's present

Opening up presents


Ellie picked the poinsettia off the tree and stuck it in her mouth "just like Jessie" on Toy Story 3. Then she spun around on the floor dancing (at the end when her and Spanish Buzz are dancing)


When I told Mike what she said, he thought I was talking about our neighbor and good friend Jessie... he was so confused.

We went ice skating for Hilary's birthday - tradition. It was Ellie's first time - she did surprisingly well! She skipped her nap that day and was super grumpy, so she wanted me to hold her while I skated. That didn't work out well. I'm just a once a year skater.They had these cool buckets that you could stack to make it just the right height and to push around and help keep your balance. That night we went out for Hila's birthday dinner without the kids! It was heavenly. The funny thing is, the girl that came over to babysit was a kid I babysat starting when she was a baby! Now she's watching my babies! Such a weird feeling. Does that mean I'm old? The answer is no... but you know who is getting old - the man in the above picture. He will be 30 on Monday! Craziness.

Busting a move in the Wii's Just Dance game
And check out this girl. She said she was sick for several days, and then jumps off the couch and shows everyone up. There are people in my family that are known fakers when it comes to being sick, but I though it was just the little sisters.

For Kaden's birthday, they had a superhero theme. Ellie was SO excited to be Woody. The costume is a bit small. But I love her serious face, and her arm around her cousin.


Another cousin Ellie just loves. I wish Ellie had any cousins close by to play with!Baking sugar cookies with grandma. I need to do this more with Ellie. She cooks and bakes with me all. the. time. but not sugar cookies - rolling out the dough, using cookie cutters, decorating. That's the extra fun part. We do it with playdough instead, but it just doesn't taste the same.This girl was so happy to be forward facing for the trip. And I could just take off my headrest and get to her so easilly. She loves to read and makes the cutest reading sounds of jibberish. She also gets very mad if I can't read to her all day (I know. A mean mom). She follows me around with a book in her hand crying at me. Will someone come over and read to the poor child?

1 comments:

Anonymous

HA Marian I love this post! I will come play and read to your children! It was so fun to be with them for 3 weeks in December! I miss having my kids and family around! None of them are here-just G&G. Reagan is too cute-i love that she knows me! And Ellie running around in that Woody outfit was priceless! Your little family is such a treat to be around--always a good time :) I love you sister, The Queen of the Fakers