Friday, March 14, 2008

Hubby Tag:



What is his name? He answers to Michael, Mike, sweetie, daddy, hot stuff, sugar lips, Sasquatch, Mikey, Michael Moose, and when we're in Mexico; Miguel.


How long have you been married? Coming up on 3 years in May. I can't believe it's been that long.


How long did you date? 6 months according to Marian, 8 months if you ask Mike.


Who eats more sweets? Mike always says that he just loves candy, cake, cookies, ice cream etc, but he will eat one treat and will be good for weeks. Then a month later he'll ask if we still have ice cream in the freezer and I just laugh at him. I don't want the ice cream getting freezer burn!


Who said I love you first? Mike told me after only dating for 2 weeks! My reply was, "you do?!" I was completely shocked. I said it back to him shortly after that - about 1 month later.


How old is he? 27. He just had his birthday in January.


Who is taller? He is a whole head taller than I am. He used to come visit my class and those short lil 2nd graders were so amazed at his height. He is 6'4", but he really wishes to be 6'6". No joke.


Who can sing better? Mike has a beautiful bass voice. Sometimes while we're singing in church I'll stop singing and just listen to him. He caught on to what I was doing and now he'll just stop singing. So I have to be sneaky about it and just sing softly if I want to listen to him. Sometimes he'll sing a few lines of a song with the radio while we're in the car, but if I ask him to sing to me, he won't.


Who is smarter? He is. He is teaching me all about politics, volleyball, math (he helped me review for a test I had to take to get me credential in NV. It was tough for me to remember back to H.S. math - that was almost 10 years ago! Ahhh!) and computers. Sometimes when I can't sleep I'll ask him to tell me about the computer he would build if he didn't have any $ limits. He gets so excited and I sleep like a baby.


Who does the laundry? I do. Mike will help me fold clothes, or will put a load in here and there.


Who pays the bills? I do. This is one of the new responsibilities that Mike has handed over to me since I am home now and have so much time on my hands now (she says sarcastically).


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you are facing our bed, I am on the right. That also happens to be the way the blankets and sheets lean to. The floor must not be level or something I donno. Mike blames me for stealing the covers. The nerve!


Who cooks dinner? I do. I can't wait for it to be grilling weather again though. Mike does a great job on the grill, and I enjoy him taking a turn once and a while.


Who drives? Mike ALWAYS does, and I like it that way. He is a very good driver, and I would rather not have to deal with the idiot drivers in LV. However, he let me drive him to quick care to get stitches in his hand, home from Utah after being in Urgent Care, home from the hospital after his nose job (the bandages were in obscuring his vision), and another time after he had anestetics.


Who is more stubborn? We both are about certain things.


Who kissed who first? Marian made the first move on this one. Long, complicated story, but Mike was trying to D.T.R. (define the relationship for all those people not from Utah or Idaho) and I didn't think we were a couple yet and he did. So he was thinking the ball was in my court. So I had to lean in for the kiss first.


Who asked who out? Mike asked me out the day after we met. We went to the park and he brought a picnic. We played frisbee, soccer, fed the ducks, and took a walk around the pond. It was a great evening!


Who proposed? Him. He left a trail of various colored roses and love notes leading to my room where an empty ring box laying on my bed. He then came out of hiding and proposed. We then went to dinner and to the top of the Eifel tower.


Who has more siblings? We both have 6 kids in each family. There are 5 girls and 1 boy in my family, and Mike has 2 boys and 4 girls in his.


Who wears the pants? I think we both do. Luckilly we agree on lots of things and have similar taste and ideas. Right now I wear the pants about where Ellie is sleeping (which is still in our room) because I'm the one that has to get up with her. Mike would help more at night if he could but she needs only what mom can give her and then she's back asleep.


So basically, he's an all around GREAT guy and I don't deserve him. I am so blessed and happy that he's mine!

2 comments:

Lewis Family

That's cute-I didn't know all that stuff about you two. Sounds like he's a great guy!

Anonymous

He is a great guy and has always been a great brother!!