I have a problem. If I start reading a book, I need to finish it. Even if it's not a good book. I think that if I keep reading, it will get better. This is not always the case. I have been scared to start another book for the past month for that reason. I need a new GOOD book to read. It has been a while since I've read one that I couldn't put down. So please, let me know what some of your favorite novels are! A couple that I really liked are Enchanted by Orson Scott Card (he is also the Author of Ender's Game - great book. Mike has read the whole series and most of his other novels), and Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. This last one is a kids novel and got a Newbery Medal. So good.
Please post some of your absolute favorites quick! My library card is waiting to be used!
I Do Now
4 days ago
7 comments:
All of my friends rave about the Twilight series. I haven't read them but I hear they are good. So far there are 3 books in the series and book 4 is due out this summer. Crazy that I know all this for not being a fan!
You should read a few more of the Orson Scott Card books that your husband has read. They are really good. ;-)
I'm addicted to Jodi Picoult. She is such a good author! Once you pick up one of her books, you'll finish it in like a few days because you can't put it down! My Sister's Keeper is the first one I read (very, very good) and I got hooked after that.
Definitely read the Twilight series by Stepheni Meyer. Our ward RS actually read them for the book club! I know, weird, but the church does want us to be diverse. But be prepared: you won't be able to put them down!
I just read Good Grief by lolly winston, it's really cute I liked it. If you haven't had enough people tell you to read the twilight series I'll tell you too, it's sooo good, and the next one comes out I think it's Aug.8 so you'll have some thing to look forward to. If I can't finde some thing new to read I always go back to the "classics" I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading pride and prejudice.
I just finished "Ella Enchanted", a Newberry Honor book. SOOO cute! You would love it. It's a quick read and really funny. I couldn't put it down and kept laughing. Taylor loved the story too, as it's a spin-off of Cinderella.
I read that book, and loved it too! I also saw the movie shortly afterwards - of course it wasn't as good, but it was cute.
Post a Comment