I was vacuuming in my room this afternoon and was trying to do a really good job, getting in all the corners and wiping things down etc. But there was something on the floor that wouldn't come up in the vacuum. It looked like a cockroach carcass even though it is too early for them to be out. When I was done vacuuming, I went back and scooped it up onto a paper and studied it. I was very confused for a few seconds until I turned it and recognized a crimped edge. It was Ellie's umbilical cord! She lost it at 2 weeks (literally). I thought it would show up in her clothes, but eventually forgot about it. Here we are 2 months later and it shows up. Mike asked if I was going to keep it in her baby book. No way! For those of you that do that, you're disgusting! I do kinda want to keep it for a while to play jokes with. Years ago my toe nail fell off and I handed it to my sister Hilary. She took it in her hand, not knowing what it was and looked at it for a while until she threw it back at me. I then mailed that deformed toenail to the person that caused it to fall off. That lil' toe nail has brought so many laughs. So, you'd better watch out if you get mail from me! For your own good, I decided not to include a picture on this post. You're welcome.
4 comments:
Yum yum. That really would be a good thing to play a trick with! Ellie is adorable!!!
Amazing how when a baby comes you forget about everything, including cleaning.
you are gross
Before Stephanie's fell off, I tortured Greg by telling him that I was going to scrapbook it. The funniest part was there was a small part of him that thought I might actually be serious! Don't mail it to me! :)
Post a Comment