Sunday, May 15, 2011

Homemade Oreo Cookies

AKA Whoopie Pies
These are the cookies that I made for Mike's birthday party. I thought I had already posted the recipe, but maybe I just emailed it to someone instead. Forgive me if this is actually a repeat post. I feel like I have deja vu all the time. I have a thought that I should do a certain thing, and then I get distracted (by my kids I'm sure) and then the next time I think about it, I can't remember if I actually did it or not. Silly, I know. Sad, for sure. Definitely the kids fault.

These are simply delicious and deserve more than one post!
Sorry I have no scrumptious photos!!
Someone should make them for me, then I will take a photo and post it, k? ;)

Cookie
2 Devil's food cake mixes (dry)
1 1/4 c. shortning (or butter)
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
Mix together all ingredients
Shape into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes
cool completely, then add frosting filling

Frosting
(I cheat and just use a store bought cream cheese frosting. I think it tastes better!)
OR
cream together until smooth
8oz. cream cheese
1 cube butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar

Assemble cookies to look like an oreo!
Enjoy!
I don't have the nutritional information on these, but I'm almost positive that they're fat free...

2 comments:

Betsie Jones

Glad to know i am not the only one to get distracted because of kids.

Liz @ Arty McGoo

Mmmm.. yummy! I made these the other day with a strawberry cake mix. And I totally think you're right about them being fat-free