Tuesday, May 10, 2011

April Adventures

Ellie is getting quite good at riding her hot wheel. She goes really fast down the hill then just turns at the last second and rides into the rocks instead of crashing into the parked cars.



These moments  of sisters being sweet are way too few and far in between.


Webb grandparents and all their 10 grand kids!!!


The newest cutie nephew, Macho Nico.

Reagan is ALL ABOUT accessories!! She always wants a fancy bracelet, princess shoe, and necklace on (the more the better).
My siblings in age order: Tony, Sarah, Marian, Hilary, Briana
After Nico's baby blessing in San Diego.
These girls always have their hands in their mouths.

Relaxin' on the patio. The weather has been beautiful!! We have to soak it up while it lasts.
Aunt Sheri got this huge bubble ball for Easter. Reagan loves to just sit in it and suck her thumb. The bigger kids like to push and roll in it. And the biggest kids like to tackle each other.
Finding all her orange Easter eggs. We practiced at home with empty eggs for weeks ahead of time, almost daily. It was really fun!
Reagan had to open each egg right when she found it. She knew what was inside.
At the Camp Pendelton Beach near San Diego. I was amazed at how huge the base is! My brother, Tony is a Marine stationed there.
We did the 12 days of Easter. For each day Ellie opened an Easter egg and inside was written an activity to do and 2 jelly beans for the girls. One of the activities was to make and decorate Easter cookies. Ellie likes a lot of sprinkles. Reagan only ate the frosting.
Some of the other activities we did was read an Easter story, go on a bike ride, dye eggs, color an Easter picture, get an Easter dress, go on a hunt, send an Easter card to someone you love, play at the park, make an Easter craft, have a lesson about the resurrection, visit the Easter Bunny (which we didn't get to - shh, don't tell).
It was a fun way to get everything done that I wanted.
Reagan loves to be pushed in the doll stroller. It keeps them busy :)

Dyeing eggs. We also colored on some with crayons while the eggs were still hot from being hard boiled. The crayon would melt on there. I like how they turned out, but it was a bit too hot for the kids to handle.
hiding in a corner.
She's getting so big! 16 months old now. She had tubes put in her ears and has been so much better!!! She still cries a lot, and is really quick to throw a tantrum, but at least it's not an "I'm in pain" cry. She's already learned 15-20 new words in less than a month! So I'm hoping being able to talk will lessen the tantrums.

The Dr. said there was tons of fluid in her ears and she should feel instant relief. It is comparable to swimming under water and trying to understand what people are saying above water. Poor thing. I'm so glad we could get that done.
The surgery only took about 4 minutes, but when I went to get her she was screaming crying. She had a REAL hard time coming out of the anesthetics. They wanted us to stay there until she ate or drank something (she was fasting before), but she refused everything I offered her, and WOULD NOT STOP CRYING! For at least 30 minutes straight. And she was fighting me trying to hold her the whole time. They finally let us go (probably so tired of hearing her cry). By the time we got home (another 20 minutes later) she had stopped crying and ate a good breakfast. Wow. I wasn't expecting that.
Their cute Easter dresses. Reagan's crying. Not a surprise.


Date night with my sis Hilary and her husband Brian at Hash House -a-Go-Go. HUGE portions there, and delicious food too!
We love to go on Bike rides!!! Honk if you see us around the neighborhood!

Reagan had so much fun in the jump house at Uncle Tony's.
See those smiles?
Wish I owned one.

4 comments:

Jessie

What a fun April you guys had. I love Reagans pig tails. I wished you owned a jump house too so I could reap all the benefits.

Julie Barnes

Wow, that looks like so much fun. We have been thinking about getting Edward tubes. Everytime he has his ears checked, there is fluid. glad it is working out for you. ;)

Elizabeth Farnsworth

What a fun month! Lots of great activities and vacations! The girls are just too cute.

Anonymous

Such great pictures Marian, you are good at catching their expressions.Doesn't it make you wonder how we ever got a good picture in the olden days? we couldn't keep taking them unitl we got a good one, just did one or two then waited a few months until we developed that roll to see who they were. I love the 12 days of Easter idea. Reagan will grow out of this tantrum stage....really!
I love the Easter dresses.
Mom