I have always loved playing Guess Who - even as an adult. I remember a time when I was a nanny on The Strip and I found the Guess Who game at The Goodwill Stores. It was just a couple bucks - so I got it. I think my roommate Lindsey and I played it more than I did with any child. She came up with the best questions... One of the characters was Susan. She looked really young, but had white hair. Linds asked, "Are you embracing your age?" Hilarious. She always made me laugh.
So the blog I copied the idea from drew cartoon characters of the people in her family, I thought it would be way easier to just use a real photo. Then we attached the name below the photo. Mike did most of the formatting for me, rather than me sitting there for hours trying to figure it out and then getting it wrong. He's way more efficient. He also designed the question mark backing of the cards. Thanks sweetie!
It was so much fun, we made one for both sides of the family.
You can ask the typical questions about hair and eye color, but then since it's your family, you can also use facts you know about the person, such as, "Does your person live in the same state as me?" "Is this person an Aunt?" "Is your person a dad?" See how much fun this can be?? 
I laminated all the cards so they will last a lifetime. I found the games at the Goodwill Stores, so it was actually quite affordable - just needed a little TLC.
I laminated all the cards so they will last a lifetime. I found the games at the Goodwill Stores, so it was actually quite affordable - just needed a little TLC.
9 comments:
SO awesome! Way to go! I bet everyone LOVES it.
What a cute idea! Love it!
So glad you posted pics of this! The best Christmas gift of 2010. So fun!!
Awesome! What a fun game to play with the littles. I'm always trying to find ways to bring up our out of town family like Bryce and Kelsey. This would be great for that!
We love ours!! Drew laughs and laughs too when we play the memory game and he finds 2 pics of the same person. Thanks!!
This is the coolest thing I've ever seen!! Thank you so much for sharing!! By the way I'm a friend of Mike's from college. Your family is beautiful. :)
This is such a great idea. I think it'd make a great gift, too! I might have to make one for the Kenna-bean. :)
You are so so so crafty!! I want to copy your idea. I don't think I have enough people in my family to fill up a guess who game, but it sure looks like fun!
so fun to play - makes your family love grow too! like looking at a genealogy chart and knowing you all belong together.
Connie
Post a Comment