Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Retirement to me!

Even though I haven't actually taught 2nd grade since December, I still felt somewhat responsible for the kids in my class. I would try to go in here and there (not as much as I would have liked) and help out in the classroom. Ellie has met the kids a couple different times as well. I also left all my teaching supplies and books in the classroom for the sub to use so they could have some good resources... I wouldn't recommend that to anyone now. My sub tried to give away my things at the end of the school year because she didn't listen and thought I wasn't coming back. ANYWAY, just this last week I went and cleaned out my classroom and said goodbye to my students. YEAH!!! Now I feel more closure to the whole thing.

My friend Jessie is in the same boat as me, so we went out to dinner to Bahama Breeze (so delicious!) to celebrate our retirement
Our kids had fun together too. Ellie LOVES other kids. He is the first boy she's held hands with.
Is that a slap? What were you doing Jensen? Don't get any ideas yet...
.

5 comments:

Malinovka

Happy retirement! :) I would love to go to Bahama Breeze, but they don't have one here... So cute to see Ellie already making moves! :)

Julie Barnes

happy official retirement!!! My work threw me a retirement party but they didn't know how true it really was... :) I get to work part time for 6 months... then baby day for me :) Ellie so cute and you look beautiful as usual!

Amber and David

Congratulations!!=) I can't believe how big Ellie is getting!! Didn't we just have these little ones??? Way to go Ellie, don't let those boys get fresh with you!=)

Sarah

I can tell E will be the aggressor! I love that we call it retirement...wish it was backed up with retirement checks til we die.

ps--adorable shirt! Where did you find it

pps--Dad is delivering a surprise for you and Bri from me and Hil...more explanation to come!

Jessie

The food was delicious! I think we should celebrate our retirement every month! When we got home I had a talk with Jensen to be careful with aggressive girls. After icing his face all night I think he learned his lesson.