I woke up early on Christmas morning wanting to get everything ready. I got myself ready and managed to have time to play around with my camera a little bit before it really counted - when the kids woke up. So I took a few photos of our ornaments and tree.
We have a tradition to give each child an ornament each year that somehow represents something important, or an event that happened during that time.
In 2010 we went to Disney Land so I made them these Minnie Mouse type ornaments and put their names on them with vinyl in the Disney font.
This year I made this nativity ornament (which I copied off of Pinterest).
I finally had to go in and wake up the girls at 9:00! They were so happy that Santa came! Reagan was devouring each piece of candy from her stocking before she could even think about opening any presents. When we wrote letters to Santa, Ellie asked for candy. She was happy that Santa remembered, but was more fascinated with the new bubbles that Santa brought. We blew bubbles for a long time. I'm pretty sure they would have been happy with just those 2 things. I'll keep that in mind for next year.
Here is the finished doll crib that he made for the girls. They love it! And it is so sturdy that it supports even a 2 year old and a 4 year old girl :)
Mike picked out UNLV rebel hats for the girls. Now they can really cheer on the basketball team in style!
Mike picked out and bought a spotting scope for himself. I wrapped it for him. The tag read: To: Michael From: Michael. It's not something I would have bought for him (I guess that's why he bought it himself) so I didn't want to claim it on the tag.
Mike's sister, Teah gave me this super cute wreath! Mike and I are still trying to figure out how it's made. It has many pages from a book rolled into flower buds. I love it and will find the perfect place for it in our new home!
I gave Mike a year of planned (and some pre-paid for) dates for us to go on. Just one a month. I wanted to make sure that we still take the time to date each other and spend quality time together. With a new baby coming it is too easy to get in the dinner and a movie rut or no date at all. I'm excited to have a bunch of things already planned!
After each present Ellie opened, she wanted to play with the new item. We had to tell her no because we had to be at church by 11 and immediately following that to great-grandma's house for family lunch. I would have loved to let her take her time and play and open presents for as long as it took!
After church we went to Grandma Cahoon's house and ate a delicious meal and started a fun auction gift exchange.
There was a separate one for the little kids.
Mike's grandma gave us a package of Omaha Steaks. I have heard the story many times (probably yearly) about when he was on his mission his grandparents mailed him a package of bacon-wrapped filet Mignon, and they were the best meal ever.
A very special gift: Sheri made our baby boy a blanket and burp cloth using shirts that Mike's grandpa had worn. It turned out super cute and is very sentimental to Mike.
I made Shannah a vinyl sign for her home. It is a quote from Gordon B. Hinckley: Be grateful, smart, clean, true, humble, prayerful, positive, still, involved.
Mike's dad collects soil samples from all around the world. So, Mike and his siblings gave him a microscope that takes photos and connects to his computer so he can have detailed images of the different soil samples. We were all excited for him to open it :)
Then we went to Mike's parents home for dinner and more presents!
They gave our family a Kinect and some games to play. Ellie has gotten quite good at it. And if anyone wants to come play some "Just Dance 3" with me, come on over!
Shannah, Sarah, and Naomi showing off their moves. And yes, I think they color coordinated their outfits for the performance :)
A close up of Reagan still loving on the thumb.
We had a wonderful Christmas and are very fortunate to share it with so many family members and loved ones!
1 comments:
What a fun Christmas! I love the disney ornaments and doll furniture. My girls would love that too...hmmm maybe next Christmas...?
What a neat blanket and burp cloth for baby brother! Very thoughtful. We are excited for you guys to have a boy!
Post a Comment