(Ellie is in the lighter colored jeans, second one from the left)
Ellie's 3 and 4 year old class had a recital at the House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay Hotel on the Strip. I have been there for a few concerts in my single days and was surprised they got such a fancy place to perform in! So it was pretty big stuff! It was fun to go and make a big deal about it all.
This was her first session of ballet and she loved it! When they'd practice this dance she would always get scared and come sit with me before the song was over. She never made it through a song until the last practice. I commented to a mom sitting next to me that, "She finally made it through!" And just then Ellie came to sit with me. So I was really curious to see how she'd do at the real deal. I was picturing her A)Not going on the stage at all B)going on the stage but not doing anything, or C)going on stage, looking scared, and maybe do a few of the moves.
You can imagine my surprise when she just busted out all the moves and the whole dance and was right on cue with everything! That's my girl.
I did graduate with my associates degree in performing fine arts... just saying.
It's clear where she gets it from.
Serious proud mom moment.
8 comments:
your two girls are SO cute!! SO CUTE!! AWE... maybe I will be sad that I don't have girls now. I better get Edward in to ballet... :)
Drew really liked to watch that with me...3 times. He said that is my cousin Ellie and she is my friend.
She stole the show!! What a cutie.
It's in her blood.
She was the best dancer, you should be proud!
That is so fun. Love it.
Loved it - she was amazing! thanks so much for sharing. technology helps the far away grandma be part of the fun!
She was awesome!! Good job Ellie!
JD loves wacthing this video. He keeps asking to see Ellie dance. Then after the video is over he says he wants to go to her dance class too!
Post a Comment