So boring.
So on Friday I was looking for an easy recipe to do in the crock pot. I LOVE the recipes where you just throw things in the crock pot and leave it all day, then have this beautiful, savory masterpiece ready come dinner time.
I have looked at several blogs where all they post is about crock pot recipes, but I've noticed a lot of the time it's recipes that you do a lot of the work on the stove - using several pots that you'll have to wash later and then they just put it in the crock pot later to combine the flavors and dirty another pot. One of the recipes to do in the crock pot was Hawaiian Haystacks.
Seriously??
Not needed.
So, I was very pleased when I came across a great recipe and happened to have all the ingredients on hand AND it turned out so yummy. You can see that recipe here on Michelle's blog. Thanks for saving the day Michelle!!!
And to thank you, I am sharing a crock pot favorite at our house.
Salsa Verde Chicken
6-8 chicken breasts placed in crock pot
Salsa Verde bottle (green salsa) poured over chicken
Package of fajita seasoning sprinkled around.
Cook all day on low.
Shred it before eating.
I serve this on corn tortillas with cheese, shredded lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes, avocados, and a squirt of lime.
So yummy.
So easy
One of Mike's favorites.
And we always have leftover meat that I like to put in a green salad for lunch the next day, or freeze for another meal.
Now go post your favorite crock pot recipe on your blog... and be sure to let me know about it! I am always on the hunt for more!
4 comments:
Thanks for the great recommendation. It was yummy.
I'm glad you liked it! I made it last night, actually :)
And I am definitely trying your Salsa Verde Chicken. Looks delish! And I LOVE crock pot meals. They truly do make culinary masterpieces with hardly any work!!! My kind of meal :)
PS - thanks for the shout out :)
That Salsa Verde Chicken is awesome. I love the cilantro and lime. Yum, YuM, YUM!! Paul and I loved it. How are you guys doing. I haven't seen you forever. Have a wonderful day.
Post a Comment