1. Good-bye terrible two's for Ellie! She turned 3 and has been a lot more agreeable, obedient, and sweeter!!
2. No more nursing! This is a HUGE things for mama because it's the first time in over 3 1/2 years that I've had my body to myself! It. is. so. nice. I was pregnant, breast feeding, pregnant, breast feeding with no breaks. No time off. This is wonderful. With Reagan I was thinking a year would be a good time to start weaning, but she must have known the plan too and got to it before me. She would completely refuse me and push me away crying... at first I was almost a bit sad, but I quickly got over it.
3. Reagan and Ellie share a room! I was so worried that moving Reagan in Ellie's room would end up a disaster because Reagan wasn't sleeping through the night. I knew it was because she would wake up in the night and knew I was there (even though we rearranged our furniture so my dresser was blocking her view of my bed). She would cry until I got her. Bad habits, I know (it started when Reagan got ear infections, and I knew she was feeling bad so I couldn't just let her cry it out!!). I was just scared that she would wake up Ellie if they were in the same room, then we'd have 2 kids awake several times in the night. It has been bliss! We got another crib since Ellie wasn't giving up hers (and I'm fine with that because she sleeps through the night really well, and still takes a 2-3 hour nap in the day which is what keeps me sane). She knows how to climb in and out, but stays in during her nap. I'm afraid that she'd just get out and play if she were in a toddler bed. Plus, we tried it a couple times and she just freaked out. So I'm fine with it.
4. No more cribs in my room! It has been 2 years since that has happened because when Ellie was 12 months I started watching my nephew JD every day for a year and he would nap in my room. Then, right when I stopped watching him, Reagan was born. My room seems so much bigger again!
5. I started taking a yoga class. Love it! I never knew stretching could feel so good! The down side is that it starts at 6am. Luckily it's just up the hill from me at our rec center, but I still have to wake up at 5:40. Any time starting with 5 something is too early for me. But since I am sleeping through the night now I can handle it.
6. I sleep next to a thirty year old! Mike kissed his twenties good-bye. They were good to him. I can tease him because I'm only 5 months younger than him. He takes it well.
7. Ellie is a ballerina. All I can say is SO CUTE! I love watching her dance and play. The first day of class I told her to go stand by her friends, and she went up to this girl and said, "Hi, I'm Ellie" and then held her hand! It just melted my heart. She's adorable.
8. I dyed my hair. This really is big news. I haven't dyed it since I had Ellie. The funds haven't been there to get it done and I've always been scared to do a home kit. But I've just had enough of this blah hair color, and needed something bolder. It's not much darker, but gave me just enough umph that I wanted. Four dollars people!
(before)
(after)
9. Went to Chuck E. Cheese. This was a reward for Ellie when she filled up her cotton ball jar. She gets a cotton ball for staying dry, being obedient, being a good helper, being kind to her sister. The reward varies - once it was a princess crown, once a date with daddy to a UNLV basketball game. Of course she loved Chuck E. Cheese and asks to go back every time we see it on the way to the grocery store.(where a kid can be a kid... Mike)
3 comments:
What is this big surprise to get her potty trained? I need to know-yesterday we started potty training again and no matter what I am NOT going back to diapers with Drew. Hope I don't regret it.
Ellie is sooo cute in her ballet class. Wish I could go and watch her in person.
your girls are so cute and I love your hair!!! I need to chop chop chop my hair.
So many exciting things. Glad to see you doing so well.
Post a Comment