Thursday, July 22, 2010

5 layers

I decided to spice it up a bit and use stars instead of circles on the outside.
This cake was pretty fun to make - but it took a lot longer than I thought! Luckilly I started a few days before and froze the cake layers - otherwise I'm sure it wouldn't have gotten finished in time. Also, the directions I was using left out a step, so I had to make a whole other cake so I could use 2 cups of red batter from it. Oh well, it was fun to make and tasted good too!! And just for fun... I know that this is about a month late, but here's a few gems from our 4th of July weekend.
Ellie loved the sparklers, but really didn't care for the firecrackers. In the middle of a few sparklers she would decide that she was done and just set the sparkler down on the ground... next to the matches, other unused sparklers, people's feet etc. She definitely keeps us on our toes!

5 comments:

DaNette

How fun!! I'm very impressed, it's gorgeous!
It was good to see you guys last week. Too bad it wasn't much of a break from the heat for you. Cute girls!!

Julie Barnes

You are amazing!! that is so awesome! There is no way I could ever make a cake like that. WOW!

Unknown

So cute Marian. I just love being able to create things. And the finished product is always worth it. Awesome job! And yes I do love the stars so much better :)

Andrea

Awesome job on that cake, Marian!

Angie

Wow! That is amazing! You are very talented!!!