Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ellie will have a little baby...

SISTER to play with!! We are so excited to know what we're having and to make this pregnancy a little more real and personal. Now Ellie and the new babe can share all their clothes (same season and everything), toys, bedroom, etc (which will be super nice financially).
I told Mike it was a girl because we had to follow the pattern. On both sides of the family each sibling that has 2 kids has had the first two of the same gender. Also, there are about 6 ladies pregnant in my ward - all of which are having girls. We don't want to be pattern breakers! :)


We didn't realize how spoiled we were when I was pregnant with Ellie and we had our ultrasound. That technician had no problem with us videotaping the monitor and letting us watch the whole thing. Oh no, not today's lady technician (new doctors office). She wouldn't even let me see the ultrasound until the very end AND she wouldn't let us video tape the monitor either. I was so sad (like bawling) through the whole thing. She asked me if we should stop and take a break so I could compose myself and she could continue with her work. She wouldn't even turn her monitor one inch so I could watch. She kept telling me things like, "now I'm looking at the baby's legs... now the heart" etc. I just wanted to tell her to be quiet because she was making it worse for me. She got to look at my baby for 15 minutes without me. The ultrasound was my absolute favorite thing about being pregnant with Ellie, and that technician took that from me. I'm pretty sad.

But it was great to finally be able to see our baby. She sure wasn't moving around as much as Ellie was - we're hoping this is a sign that this next one will be a little more relaxed and mellow. I really hope so. I love Ellie so much, and she has such a sweet, strong, FUN personality, but two in a row would be a little much - or just really good birth control :)

From the ultrasound they gave a due date of December 31st. Our original due date is January 1st. I'm hoping for a December baby, just so we won't have 3 birthdays in Jan. Wish us luck!

12 comments:

Megan Gery

Congratulations! Another little girl--that's excellent! And what a stupid technician! Why would she be that way?

Lindsey Jaye Parry

Alright baby sister! I love sisters, as I am sure you loves yours. So I am happy for Ellie having one too.

I have never heard of such a sucky technician. Why would someone be so mean? I'm sorry she was so dumb.

Teah

Yeah!!! Someone needs to have some girls...all I get is boys. :)I cannot believe that ultrasound lady...if I still was at Sunrise I could've hooked you up with an ultrasound.

Julie Barnes

Congrats!! That is so so so fun. Sorry to hear about the tecnician. Maybe she was having a very bad day. I don't understand why she wouldn't even let you have a tiny peak... as if that was going to hurt her work progress or something. Oh well... YEAH for a girl!!

Michelle

Congrats! We've loved having two girls :)

That technician is a jerk! You need to complain about her, seriously!

DaNette

Yay for a girl! Every little girl needs a sister. When they are little to take care of each other, and fight, and then when they are older to be best friends, I love my sister to pieces.
I was mad just reading about your ultrasound experience, ERRRR. I'm so sorry!

Sarah

Ditto on being mad at that nameless ultrasound girl.

ANd triple yay for sisters. Sisters are the best!

And I agree with you that the calm ultrasound will DEFINITELY mean that she is a calm baby. God would not do that to you two times in a row, I'm almost sure of it.

Paul, Nat, Syd, and Maggie

Yeah! It is really nice to have two girls. I am so excited for you.

Lewis Family

Oh yeah Marian! That's so exciting!! That will definitely help out to be able to share clothes and everything else. Thought of any names yet? Congrats again!!

the Getschers

Holy cow! That's crazy! I would be furious too if I couldn't see the ultrasound! Congrats though! Two kids are so fun!

Anonymous

I would love to help you chase 2 little girls around when we are together!!

lub it

Keep Sweet :-)
Mom

Onkagonka

Congrats! I'm excited for you guys as well. I know Ellie will be a great big sister!