Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Updates

Ellie is still crazy. Marian is still trying to stay sane. Mike is still working hard.
The end
Ok, here's a little more detail, and of course there are pictures of the crazy one below the, maybe boring details.

I started substitute teaching. It has been fun to be back in the classroom, and kinda makes me miss teaching and having my own classroom - but then I remember all the extra work that teachers do, and I am perfectly happy being at home with Ellie.

E is definitely a toddler - getting into everything and trying out every naughty thing possible - repeatedly. I don't even have to get after her anymore, she says everything for me these days. She comes to me and says "naughty" to let me know she's been doing things she shouldn't. Then she says "sad" as she's shaking her head up and down, because I told her it makes me sad when she does naughty things. Then, she says "owie" or "hurt" (no, not because she gets spanked) because she knows that when she opens the oven door, climbs on it, then climbs to the kitchen counter and gets into things that she is likely to fall down and get hurt.

She has also enjoyed taking off her diaper lately. Then she comes to me and yells "naked!" Sometimes I'll have her go sit on her little potty (which she has successfully used ONE time! Yeah!!). But keeping her on the potty is a challenge - yes I've tried books, singing her favorite songs etc to entertain her. She just doesn't ever sit still for long. So I have resorted to putting her in onesies all the time because she hasn't figured out how to get out of that one yet - but this seriously limits her wardrobe.

My cell phone died and I can't access any phone numbers. So if Mike didn't have your number in his phone, then I don't have your phone number either. Luckilly I was up for a new free phone, so give me a call !

We went in for another ultrasound (at a different place thank goodness!) because there was a "shadow" on the heart of the baby. The specialist said that it is a sign of downsyndrome, but during the special ultrasound they couldn't see any other signs of downsyndrome. During the 16-20 week frame I opted not to take the blood test (MSAFP) that would outrule downsyndrome, so they can't say for sure. They told us what it means is that the wall of the heart was extra thick, and most of the time the baby just grows into it. We haven't felt too worried about it and we just think it was the Lord's way of letting us see our baby again since the first ultrasound lady-tech was mean and horrible. We get to go back in November for a 3rd ultrasound and make sure things look good. Our little girl is 24 weeks along... and I am huge. I was supposed to take a photo for my mom to see, but I haven't gotten to that - hopefully soon mom!


We still can't get enough of this tub filled with water. E took some swimming lessons this summer with me and wouldn't do anything in the class. But when we came home and went in the pool she would do everything with me. She really enjoys blowing bubbles.

We borrowed rock band from Mike's brother and have enjoyed jamming together. Ellie's favorite is the drums for sure.


I made a few "baby legs" recently and they're SO easy and cute too!

Ellie looks so comfy - using her sippy as a pillow

E and daddy love to read books together before bed. She finds the perfect spot nestled in his arms every time.

I modge podged (love that stuff) some empty powder lemonade canisters and we use them for some of E's treasures. They're also nice to drum on and roll around.


She LOVES to put anything on her head and say "hat." When she actually does get a real hat on there, it stays on for a while and she seems so proud of it.

4 comments:

Julie Barnes

YEAH, another ultrasound! So glad you were able to see the baby again. Edward had a spot on his heart as well... supposedly he "grew out of it" by the time I had my last ultrasound. Ellie is SO cute and big!

Teah

She is getting so big...wish we were there to enjoy it. She sounds like she is always having fun. Even if you don't think it's so fun.

H Webb

Ellie is sure an adventure of funny things to do before her baby sister comes... Im sure you enjoy it as well before the second comes!!

Ellie looks great and cute!!

Paul, Nat, Syd, and Maggie

That is awesome that you are 24 weeks. Time flies when you are not the one pregnant. I hope her heart is ok. I feel bad that you had such a mean ultra sound lady. My phone number is 208-851-0680. Give me a call any nights or weekends unless you are Verizon, then you can call anytime. I want to have a roommate reunion next summer when we move back. I have been watching the Rick's videos and they are so hillarious. We were such cute fun girls. Take care!