Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Conversation with Ellie

Ellie was "helping" me hang up her clothes in her closet. There is a bookcase full of books she's not supposed to be in, so of course she goes directly to them. I put my hand over the books so she wouldn't pull them out.

E: (yelling) "Mom! Play!"
M: "No, Ellie. We aren't going to play with these books."
E: "But why?"

As I was moving her away from the bookcase, I wasn't sure if she was actually saying that or if her jibberish in between words made it sound that way. But of course she immediately headed back to the bookcase and we were able to have that same conversation 3 more times.

She's such a smarty pants. She got her shots at the doctor today, and in the middle of crying yelled, "All done" at the nurse. She is in the 50% range for head, weight, and height.

3 comments:

Megan Gery

We used to drive our parents crazy with the "whys?" does this mean you've entered that phase? lucky you! :)

Julie Barnes

She is very cute and looks so "grown up" I love that she told the nurse, "all done"! How cute!

Amber and David

What a little smarty pants! That is too funny telling the nurse all done! I can't believe she's talking so much!