Project #1
We needed more storage space with tons of baby clothes to store and all of my classroom supplies, and growing food storage items. We talked about doing this for a while and finally did it. We knew there was unused space under the stairs, but the only access to it would be through the bathroom - kinda weird, but we did it. So, yes, that wooden square is a cupboard door that is the entrance to the secret room and it is right next to the toilet. There is PLENTY of space inside. To the left Mike put in 3 shelves for odds and ends, and to the right are boxes of canned food and other boxes. This was actually Mike's project, but I helped :) He is such a handyman and loves to get things done!
Project #2
I painted the bookcase in Ellie's room a cream color to match her other furniture and used the leftover beadboard from her wall to put as the new backing. These are some (yes, only some) of the children's books from my classroom.
Before

Before
And After!
I recovered some of the baskets with leftover fabric from her bedding to match her room.
Before
After
Project #4
I used more red flowery fabric to recover a frame hanging in her room using modpodge
Before
After

7 comments:
wow. that picture frame looks really cool. how do you do that? and what a cute pic of ellie!
Marian:
I always love all the ideas that you have for decorations and how easy you and your sisters can change the things and the places in a wonderful way,
Ellie looks beautiful all the time and grows more and more beautiful she is; great blessing is to have a baby that makes you happy just to see her every day....:)
Give a lot of kisses and hugs from:
Tony, Ale, Cesar and Luis.......
TWO TEETH !! ELLIE IS SO CUTE IN THIS OUTFIT!!
LOVE ALL THOSE PROJECTS YOU ALL DONE!! LOOKS GREAT ! (TYPING WITH ONE FINGER )
Very handy! I love it! You have been very busy. There is always something to do, right? I can think of 1,000 things that need to get done around my little apartment and it is only a matter of getting them done. Looks like fun!
Please come help us find a spot for more food storage too! Mike, we need your skills in CA. Consider this request #5,398.
Mar-How did you attach the fabric? And I love the beadboard on the shelves--too cute.
I can hear Ellie in the last picture saying "YAY for Mom's cute projects in my room...and all my books! WOW."
Marian you are AWESOME! The book shelf looks great, baskets, frames, and that storage looks so good in the bathroom! You totally are your mothers daughter! What a multi-tasker, doesn't Ellie keep you busy enough? I love you guys
marion! loved reading about all your projects. i seriously told brandon we need to cut out under our stairs, for storage, but we are too afraid of cutting a hole in the wall. how did you know where to cut? we need to talk!
Post a Comment