Friday, July 11, 2008

California here we come!

I'm excited to be going home for a couple weeks and to see my family and have a family reunion with my mom's side. They're so much fun! I am not excited for all the smokey air there from the fires though. I was looking forward to actually going outside for once, but I guess that's not going to happen.
Here are some of the new things Ellie is doing. She LOVES to drink from my cup, she feeds herself, she "brushes" her 2 teeth, she sits up well, she scoots around and gets trapped under things, and she says "mama" and "mom!" It's so cute. I tried to get it on film, but of course she stopped when I pulled it out. She babbles and squeals so much!
She is being naughty at night and is waking up 3 times. She also pushes herself into the corners of the crib and gets stuck. She doesn't EVER hold stll anymore, which makes changing diapers, feeding, putting her in her car seat, and even holding her difficult. Oh the joys of growing up... but she is such a joy, so much fun to play with, and so darn cute!






I LOVE this picture of her and her daddy. Too cute.

6 comments:

Julie Barnes

wow, she is so cute!! I have heard about the California fires, not good. I suppose it is fire season already! Well have fun!

Michelle

Oh, just you wait until she is RUNNING everywhere!!! She is such a doll!

H Webb

ELLIE She is so cute Hope to see her in Aug

Megan Gery

that is such a great picture of mike and ellie! have fun at the reunion. (in spite of the fires.)

Lewis Family

I love that picture of Ellie with the huge cup-so cute! She is getting so big! I can't believe she has teeth already-still nothing at all (or even close) with Maddie. Isn't it so fun to see them finally scooting around all over the place? Hey when Parker got really bad with sleeping(at about that age too), my doctor had me read this book, Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems, and it really helped. Just an idea. But have fun with your family at your reunion!!

DaNette

Way cute picture of Ellie and Mike. I love when they mimic, they are always watching...
It was fun to see you guys at the reunion, as always there was never enough time to talk.
You have an adorable little girl!