Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lashes

For our wedding anniversary Mike gave me a spa package and one of the treatments was false eyelashes! They are so fun.
Here's the before:
And here's the after:
The left lash definitely looks more natural than the right, but I was able to fix it the next day so it looked a little better.
My SIL Sarah has longer lashes than me STILL. Hers are real.
Not fair.

So here's my review in case you're wondering...
When the technician put them on me, I think maybe my eyelid wasn't at a relaxed and natural state so when I opened my eyes, it felt uncomfortable. I thought maybe it just needed some getting used to. That whole day I kept tearing up at random times and any time I told anyone about my new lashes.
They were supposed to last about 2 weeks, but the next day when I woke up, there was a whole section that had come off. It was the inside corner on my right eye - the part that looked bad. So I re glued it down and it looked a lot better. I think every other day I have had to retouch segments and do my best to re glue it to my eyelid - which is difficult.
The plus side: I didn't have to put on ANY mascara or eyeliner.
I could get ready to go much faster.
And the days when I stayed at home and didn't really get ready, I still looked decent.
It is super nice.
I do feel kinda silly going to my 6AM yoga class all dolled up.
And I feel like I need bright lipstick on and big hair. But I don't do it.
The technician said that when I'm done with them I can just put baby oil on my eyelids at night and just let it sit overnight and in the morning they will easily come off. A couple days ago I decided I was done with them because they were coming off in lots of spots and were looking kinda trashy. So I tried the baby oil thing yesterday and it didn't work. I had somewhere to be, so I just reattached the part that fell off.
I'm afraid that it's going to be an ongoing repair job.
This could look pretty scary!

3 comments:

Teah

Looks liks fun but, seriously, you're eyes are gorgeous all on their own.

Julie Barnes

Wow, you look great!! I cant' believe they are already falling off, though...

Anonymous

very crazy. your real ones already look wonderful, but I can see it is nice not to put mascara and liner on daily!
mamacita