Monday, June 28, 2010

Let there be CAKE!

For my birthday my MIL sent me to a Wilton cake decorating class at Michael's Craft. I have been wanting to do this for several years now and was so happy to have the chance! Thanks Ranae! We learned several techniques - most are easy and self teachable but just require practice.

This cake was an assignment from our book - my first cake. There is a big space for writing, but I didn't want to ruin the cake. I definitely need more practice time with that! For another class we got to play around on cupcakes. So fun!

I missed the last class because we were in Utah and Idaho, but they were just finishing up learning how to do a rose petal. I wasn't too sad that I missed it.



For the 4th I am going to make this cake featured on Make it and Love it. that is, if I can make it to the store this week for some supplies.

It isn't using any of the decorating skills that I learned, but isn't the inside adorable?!

5 comments:

Julie Barnes

Happy Birthday, Marian! I love the cake decorating. I am terrible at stuff like that. I don't have an artisic eye, but it looks like you do :)

Anonymous

you will have FUN with this skill for years to come -
Mom

b

I love you in the hat--very cute sister!! And the cake classes would be so fun to do!!

Sarah

You are just good at everything you do! You'll have to have a cake decorating class for your sisters when we see you...I'll bring my tips...Miss Pro.

Lewis Family

Good job girl! Isn't decorating cakes so fun?! Good luck with the 4th of July cake!