Saturday, December 26, 2009

Reagan is here!

This is a quick post to announce the birth of our daughter, Reagan Malia Kanet. She was born on Christmas Eve at 6:57 PM at St. Rose de Lima hospital. At birth she weighed 7 lbs 14 ounces and was 20 inches long. We are excited to have her as a part of our family. Marian and Reagan are both home now and doing very well.
I'll let Marian tell the labor and delivery story later if she wants. I will say that we got to the hospital at 5:40 PM and she did NOT get an epidural. She can tell you more later.

On the way home from the hospital.

Big sister Ellie was excited to get to hold Reagan for the first time. So far she has been very helpful and shares her toys with Reagan. This morning while I was giving Ellie a bath Reagan started crying in the other room and Ellie said, "Baby sad. Here baby." She then gave me one of her toys from the tub to give to Reagan to cheer her up.

9 comments:

Megan Gery

Congratulations! She's beautiful! What a Christmas gift!!~

Michelle

Congrats, you guys! She's adorable! Can't wait to hear the labor/delivery story :) No epidural? Go Marian!

Unknown

Can't wait to hear the story. Marian you look great. I guess since it went so quick you didn't get pumped full of all those liquids so you don't look all puffy. You look normal and beautiful! I always hate my puffy after-birth pictures :) She is absolutely perfect and beautiful!

Teah

Congratulations!! We all think she is so adorable and can't wait to come and hold her in a few weeks. And Ellis is as cute as ever. Love the pic with her so excited!!

Lewis Family

YEAH! Congrats Marian & Mike!! (and sister Ellie!) She's already adorable!

Julie Barnes

WOW, already home? So awesome! She is beautiful!! Merry Christmas from Reagan!!!

Kallie

Hey Marian! Congratulations! She's PERFECT!! No epidural huh? Sounds like my recent birth experience...I wasn't sure I was going to make it to the hospital! :)

I'm glad I found your blog, I'm a fellow blogger, so I'll have to check yours now!

Enjoy your new baby girl!

Malinovka

Congratulations!!! What a great Christmas gift, even if she may not like her birthday later in life. :) And I've got to say I wish that I had made it to the hospital WITHOUT time for an epidural...even if it sounds crazy! Mar, you look great. And I'm SO happy to hear how Ellie is taking to little baby sis. Hope it keeps going well!

Anonymous

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!