Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ellie has been teething - it's the molars this time. She is quite crabby, but has been taking an extra nap, which is nice (and necessary if I want to keep my sanity). All she says all day long is, "ma ma" in the cutest, sweetest voice. And it's usually followed by "up" and whining sounds. She is fine when we get out of the house, which makes me think she is just bored. She loves to such on ice and chew on everything extra. She has just recently stopped whining EVERY time I change her clothes.

She fell asleep in the car, plugging her ears like this. She has done this several times and it cracks us up! (don't mind the leftover baby food on her face).
She loves to be snuggled up after bathtime!

She rides, or pushes this horse all around the house.
I love how she's being perfectly modest in this picture. This girl loves bath time. Sometimes I just put her in here to play and I don't even wash her. It's just a fun activity! She loves to swish her hand in the water (and in dog water at great grandma Cahoon's house... everytime... every 2 minutes).

Yum! Homemade wheat bread! It's a little distorted, but man it was good! My mom gave me a wheat grinder for Christmas, and after several coahing calls to mom, these beauties came out of the oven. So warm and tasty. Thanks for the great gift and much needed help mom!
I'm trying again next week... come on over for a slice!




12 comments:

Julie Barnes

Yum, the bread looks so good and Ellie is so CUTE! I love the modest bathtub picture. One day you will have to share your wheat bread recipie. :)

Sarah

Just wondering who was singing in the car to make E plug those ears? Just kidding! I need to use my grinder and make some bread too. That looks yummy!

Teah

Ellie makes me laugh!! You get the best pictures. I'm there for the bread..I have a bread maker but lately it has been making horroble bread. (maybe it's just me) :(

Miranda Conlin

She's too cute Mar, I can't believe she's a year!

Love ya,
Miranda

Suzanne

That bread looks great! You should come for lunch one Friday to visit!

Lewis Family

Ugh, molars are the absolute worst! I'm not looking forward to Maddie getting hers (she just barely got her 5th tooth, so it'll be a while I think). We need a little horse like that too-it looks like fun! I love her sleeping with her fingers in her ears. Why did she have them in there in the first place? :-)

To answer your question: Maddie has been using utensils for about a month (productively that is), but Parker was using them by 11/12 months (he was way fast I think; he just didn't like getting dirty so he learned quick). She took a lot longer to be interested, so every kid is different. Now she won't let us feed her at all, which is kind of annoying sometimes-it's such a mess! Maddie has brown eyes but I was hoping at least one of my kids would have blue like me. Maybe the next one?

Anonymous

Hi May May, The Ellie is beautiful and so fun! I love the hat need. She is probably used to all the hair flowers, so has a basic need for something on her head.

Your bread looks beautiful, I was really hungry for homemade bread after we talked!
Much love, Mom

Megan Gery

I love that bath picture. she has such personality (i can tell, even though i've never met her!) and your bread looks yummy. good job!

Jessie

The bread was delicious. I will be over next week for another piece. I agree you do get the best pics of Ellie! So cute!

Suzanne

That would be good....babysitting now are you?!?!?! Maybe I can keep you busy next year! hehehehe

The dish towel video makes me laugh!

Anonymous

so what day should i come over for bread? lol they look beautiful! i love ellie!! she's so funny!

H Webb

Oh my my Ellie pluggin her ears!! I wondered why she does that?